Dog Walking Adventure Service
We pick up your dogs in a safe, comfortable and secure ride and sweep them away to a local trail for some fun-filled long distance hiking and ensure that they are returned to you exhausted, cleaned off, and happy.
Service extends all over the Victoria area, including most surrounding municipalities such as Oak Bay, Saanich, and Esquimalt.
Pack Leader: Valerie Leithoff
CCTBS, Certified Canine Training and Behavior Specialist
Hound Hikes allows me to combine my passion of outdoor adventure and canine behaviour! I graduated with a B.Sc in Geography and Environmental Science from the University of Victoria and went on to study at the Animal Behavioural Institute to complete my Canine Training & Behaviour specialized certificate as well as attended the Michael Ellis School for Dog Trainers
To ensure that I bring honesty, dedication, and the spirit of joyfulness in everything that I do.
I pick up your dogs in a safe, comfortable and secure ride and sweep them away to a local trail for some fun-filled long distance hiking.
I take a maximum of 8 dogs per hike.
PICK UP APPROX. 10 AM- 11 am
· I can pick up from your home or office
· You don’t need to be home for pickup/ drop off
· You can provide me with a house key, a garage door code, hide a key or have a neighbor let me in
· I am licensed, insured, bonded, and background checked for your ease of mind
· A notification via text will be sent to inform you when your dog has been picked up and let you know where we are going hiking
HIKE FOR 90 minutes WITH BREAKS FOR WATER, TREATS, AND A FEW PICS
· Hikes will be anywhere from 3-6 km, depending on terrain and trail conditions
DROP OFF APPROX. 1 pm- 2 pm
· Dogs will be toweled off and cleaned up before returning
· You will be notified via text that your dog is home (happy and tuckered!) and sent the GPS track of the hike
Hikes are tracked using GPS, and a screenshot of the route with the total km's and walking time is sent via text after the hike.
I will come to you and do a free consultation (at your house or at a park) to meet and get to know the dog before we hit the trails!